October is my favorite month of the year. Why? Because it’s “Pumpkin Boot Camp Season!” Yes, I did say boot camp. While I love pumpkin, I love our Pumpkin Boot Camp even more. It’s a fall, Halloween tradition!
And it’s just a ridiculously fun way to raise money for awesome charities, get a great workout in, and have a ton of fun doing all of it. (By the way, it’s not to late to register, just go to PumpkinBootCamp.com and come join us!)
The other thing too is that we usually get invited to make fools out of ourselves on TV (I say “we” but I really mean I, MYSELF, ME and OTHERS I BEG TO COME WITH ME). It’s really a jolly good time!
Anyway, along with the crazy pumpkin tossing and media appearances, I do like to bake with pumpkins – not just work out with them. Here’s my latest fav….
Pumpkin Oat Bars with Chocolate Chips (Gluten Free)
You can leave out the chocolate chips – but why the heck would you want to do that?
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (I LOVE Hershey’s dark chocolate morsels)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well. (Did you see that it’s only ONE bowl? I’m all about minimizing dishes!)
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray. Press into the pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy! This are SO great with a cup of coffee or tea!
Let me know what you think, okay? I’d love to hear how you like them! Mmmmmmm…….
Committed to your success,