http://priscillafreed.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/pfreedlogobevelshadow-300x157.png 0 0 FreedAdmin http://priscillafreed.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/pfreedlogobevelshadow-300x157.png FreedAdmin2012-09-12 22:10:352012-09-12 22:10:3530-30 Four-Exercise Abs, Back, Glute Circuit
30-30 Four-Exercise Abs, Back, Glute Circuit
Alternate between 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds of rest for 4 consecutive rounds followed by a 1 minute transition period.
Perform 4 total cycles for a 20-minute workout.
Exercise #1: Farmer’s Walk
- Walk in a straight line while holding an 8-20 lb kettlebell or dumbbell, straight-armed overhead.
- Regression: Beginners, bend elbow so that weight is at shoulder level.
V-Hold with Oblique Twist with Resistance Band
- Tie a resistance band around mid calf area.
- Lying on your back, lift both shoulders and legs off the ground to form a V. Extend arms towards shins.
- While pressing outward with legs, increasing resistance on the outer hips, twist arms to the right, contracting obliques and exhaling.
- Bring back to center, inhale.
- Twist to the left and exhale.
- Perform each movement while press legs against band.
- Regression: Beginners, perform with knees bent.
Exercise #3: Airplane Curl
- In pushup position, extend left arm and right leg straight out. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Then, move both arm and leg out laterally (to the side – as shown below). Hold for 2 seconds.
- Finally, bend extended arm and leg so that left bent knee touches right left elbow. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Repeat on other side.
- Regression: Perform with knees on the ground, as shown in pictures below.
Exercise #4: Pistol Squat to 1 Legged Pushup
- Sitting back into a single-leg squat with your left leg, extend right leg out in front of you while extending both arms in front to shoulder level. Hold for 2 seconds.
- Then, swing extended right leg out behind you as you reach down to the ground and walk your hands into a pushup position.
- Perform one pushup, then walk hands back to center and repeat on same leg.
- At the half-way cue, switch legs.
- Regression: For shoulder injuries – swing leg straight behind you, keeping arms extended and hold for 2 seconds in a “superman” position.
- Regression: For knee injuries – balance on one foot and perform leg swings and pushups but avoid single leg squat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!