Don’t you just love egg nog?
The creaminess, the spices, the comfort drink by the fire….mmmmm…..
The calories, the fat, the sugar….booooooo……
Let’s fix that, shall we?
‘Tis the season for guilt-FREE egg nog!
And let’s make it Paleo while we’re at it! 🙂
Here you go!
Guilt-Free Paleo Egg Nog
Adapted from Mark’s Daily Apple
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups of almond milk, coconut milk, or a combination
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or coconut palm sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine your choice of milk, sweetener, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the hot liquid to the egg yolks a little bit at a time, whisking continuously, until you’ve added about 1 cup of the hot mixture to the yolks. Then pour the egg mixture into the pot.
- Increase heat to medium. Whisk while simmering for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot immediately OR pour into a covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Enjoy with your family and friends! Let me know how you like it!
Committed to your success,