Do you like pumpkin?
If so, and you’re anything like me, you enjoy pumpkin ANYTHING during the fall, right?
Well how about Pumpkin Chili? (Honestly if you dislike pumpkin, I guarantee you’ll still love this!!)
I made this once for my husband and he LOVED it! In fact, I’ve never seen him rave so much about any other recipe!
I think the main reason for this is that the pumpkin makes the chili super creamy. It doesn’t taste like pumpkin – AT ALL. So, trust me, it’s not like you’re having a pumpkin spiced latte flavored chili….yuck!
So, try it! And let me know how your family likes it, k?
I’ve adapted this recipe from a fellow nutrition coach, Desi. Why mess with perfection? 😉 But I wanted to make it in my crockpot – LOVE coming home to ready-to-eat dinner!!
- 1.5-2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (3-4 cloves chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (fresh- or canned make sure it is PLAIN pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained) ( I like to do black beans and pinto, like the picture above)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ounce)
- couple of liberal dashes of salt (to your liking) and pepper
- Toppings: sharp cheddar cheese(my favorite) cilantro-chopped, toasted pumpkin seeds, green onions, and even Greek yogurt is good on top)
- In a crockpot, throw in ALL of your ingredients EXCEPT the toppings. 🙂
- Set the cook time to High for 4 hours or Low 8-10 hours.
- Serve topped with cilantro, sharp cheddar cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, or greek yogurt-whatever you love- I personally love sharp cheddar cheese on this chili.
And speaking of PUMPKINS, of course you KNOW I just have to remind you that our best event of the year is October 24th!
If you’re in the Littleton area, don’t miss: The 9th Annual Pumpkin Boot Camp!
(Can’t believe it’s been that long)!
Our Pumpkin Boot Camp is the LARGEST workout full of pumpkin-pumpkin antics! 🙂
More importantly, the Pumpkin Boot Camp is a fundraiser for Usana’s True Health Foundation.
Your registration to the PBC is a suggestion donation. It’s tax-deductible and will go directly to THF.
THIS EVENT IS FUN FOR ALL AGES AND EVERY FITNESS LEVEL!
Go here to register for our 9th Annual Pumpkin Boot Camp TODAY!
Looking forward to a wild, hootin’ and hollerin’ time and hope to see you there!
Committed to your success,