As I prepare all the 5-week meal plan for our upcoming Spring-into-Summer Transformation Challenge, I’m LOVING new recipes!
I get bored of eating the same thing very fast, don’t you?
So I thought that following Whole30 for our challenge would be a great way to freshen things up.
For the weekend, here’s a beautiful-looking and amazing-tasting recipe.
Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes & Egg!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 small eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Poke sweet potatoes with a knife a couple times then place directly onto oven rack. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion and garlic in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent.
- After bacon cools, cut into small pieces.
- Once sweet potatoes are cool, cut lengthwise then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato. I used a knife to cut about 1/4 inch away from the skin all the way around then I cut the middle into three pieces. This makes it easier to remove the middle without breaking the skin.
- Mash sweet potato into skillet. If it is a little undercooked, cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper and half the bacon bits. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Scoop mash into potato shells then create a large divot for the egg. You will want to make sure the divot is big enough to fit the egg.
- Break one egg into each divot then sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Cook for 15 minutes or until yoke is set.
Want to know more about our Spring-into-Summer Transformation Challenge?
Go here for all the details: Spring Challenge!
Have an amazing day and let me know how you like this recipe!
Committed to your success,